What does an event planner do?
Event planning is not just limited to choosing the right venue and decor but goes way beyond that. An event planner is entrusted with the responsibility to take care of anything and everything to make the event in question successful.
Be it a formal affair or an informal gathering, events are all about bringing people together
One person, many roles
An event planner is charged with the responsibility of creating a memorable experience at an event and plays a critical role in implementing the ideas you have planned. Definitely not a job for the faint-hearted, an event planner is required to hunt the perfect location for the event, solicit bids for the best rates, and handle multiple relationships with vendors and clients. Setting up the perfect venue and making the right arrangements within the client’s venus is one of the key skills of an event planner. Its rightly said that an event planner in himself is an entrepreneur, taking care of everything on his own.
Here is what a typical day in the life of an event planner looks like:
- Client meetings to understand the objective of the event
- Planning the scope, time, location & venue, and managing the budget of the event. Creatively setting up the venue to suit the theme of the event.
- Soliciting bids and managing relationships with stakeholders and vendors.
- Coordinating with different departments such as logistics, catering, decor, entertainment and supervising event staff
- Monitoring activities during and before the event to ensure full satisfaction
- Reviewing bills and payments
- Organizing facilities and details such as transportation to and from an event, venue, equipment, promotional material etc.
invitee listand interacting with special guests
Want to avail our event management services? At CEPL, we are happy to take up your project and turn it into successful endeavor.